Hospital Staff Neglecting Elderly Adults In Hospitals
At Stebner and Associates in San Francisco, California, Kathryn Stebner, the founder of our firm, focuses on abuse litigation involving the elderly and dependent adults. Her specialty is moving so-called “small” cases away from the monetary limitations of personal injury and into the realm of elder abuse.
General hospitals or medical centers are set up to handle many different types of disease and injury. Sometimes they fall short in the quality of their care. Sometimes a person will acquire a bedsore. When that happens, contact us at 800-610-9641.
Aggressively Litigating Hospital Neglect Claims
- A hospital is an institution that provides inpatient, outpatient, emergency, diagnostic, skilled nursing, surgical or psychiatric care and treatment for adults and children. At Stebner and Associates, we aggressively represent elderly adults who have suffered neglect while staying in hospitals. Common claims include:
- Failure to turn an immobile patient resulting in a bedsore
- Failure to answer call buttons
- Failure to provide adequate nourishment
- Failure to place patient on the proper bed
- Failure to notify physicians and/or families of changes in condition
- Inadequately trained staff
Abuse And Negligence Can Take Various Forms
Negligence in trauma centers, children’s hospitals, senior hospitals and psychiatric hospitals can take various forms. For example, pressure sores, also known as bedsores, are not a minor annoyance. They can quickly grow in their severity and are often a sign of inattentive and poorly trained hospital staff member.
If you suspect neglect or abuse, you need a seasoned and aggressive elder law attorney at your side.